Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access Full-Text Articles
- See if there is attached full-text in the database. There will be a link that says PDF Full-Text, Full-Text Finder, or similar.
- If working with a references list, type the title of the journal into Search for eJournals on the library homepage. If there is a match, the title will be the first result on the screen with print and/or electronic availability indicated.
- If the journal is available electronically, you will be directed to the appropriate database.
- If the journal is only available in print at the library, you can order the specific articles you need through ILLiad.
- If the library does not have access to the journal that you need, you can order individual articles through ILLiad.
Access Library Materials
- The JKM Library defines distance students as any student who does not regulary attend class on Chatham's Shadyside, Eastside, or Eden Hall locations.
- To access the library's electronic resources from off campus, you will need to login with your Chatham username and password. The login screen will appear prior to entering the database or other electronic resource.
- Currently, books are not loaned from the JKM Collection or via Interlibrary Loan to Distance students. To borrow books, contact your local library.
- Distance students can request individual journal articles and book chapters from the JKM Library to be scanned and emailed.
- When requesting journal articles, make sure of the journal's print availability in the library by using Search for eJournals. Search for the journal title, NOT the article title.
- When requesting book chapters, check that the library owns the book by searching the Library Catalog tab on the the library homepage.
- To request items, use ILLiad and indicate in the Status field that you are a Distance Student.
- The requested material will be scanned and sent to your Chatham email address.